Collection and Use of Personal InformationThe Personal Information the Company collects includes:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Job title
- Company information
- Bank account information
- Tax related information
- Details about your computers, devices, applications and networks, such as IP address, browser characteristics, device ID and characteristics, device operating system information and system language preferences
- Details about Internet or network usage, activities on our websites and usage patterns of products and services, referring URLs, dates and times of website visits, and information commonly recorded in web server logs
We use the collected Personal Information in order to:
- Onboard/enable you as a customer of Shell Energy North America;
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- Process transactions submitted by you;
- Administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to the Shell Energy Connect Website;
- Anticipate and resolve problems with the Shell Energy Connect Website;
- Better tailor and improve the features of the Shell Energy Connect Website or products or services; and/or
- Offer you other Shell products or services that may be of interest to you.
- A session cookie can track usage such as the webpages you visit and what options you use. When you close the internet browser, the session is ended, and the cookie is deleted.
- A permanent cookie enables the website to recognize you at a subsequent visit.
Company stores cookies that are essential in providing the functionalities of the website. For instance, the cookies remember your preferences, such as language and region, which remain as your default settings when you revisit the website. You may choose to reject or block the cookies set by Company or the websites of any third party suppliers by changing your browser settings: see the Help function within your browser for further details.
Please note that most browsers automatically accept cookies; therefore, if you do not wish cookies to be used, you may need to actively delete or block the cookies.
Third Party Access to Your InformationAny Personal Information may be supplied or transferred to Company Affiliates or to third parties, such as in the following, non-exclusive list of situations:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- When you opt-in to receive offers from Company Affiliates or third parties.
Use of Your Information Submitted to Other Applications or Websites
Data Retention Policy and Managing Your Information
We will retain Personal Information for as long as you are a customer and/or use the Shell Energy Connect Website. Upon the termination of your relationship as a customer, Company will dispose of and not retain any Personal Information. If at any time you would like us to delete Personal Information that you have provided Company, please contact us via us via email at AskShellEnergy@shell.com. We will delete such information within a reasonable time. Please note that some or all Personal Information may be required in order for the Shell Energy Connect Website to function properly for your use.
Company and our trusted service providers who work on our behalf to provide the Shell Energy Connect Website do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not send us your Personal Information, such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without the parent or guardian’s consent, please contact us via email at AskShellEnergy@shell.com. We will delete such information within a reasonable time.
Accuracy of Information
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change any Personal Information, please contact us via email at AskShellEnergy@shell.com.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain, and we will update these measures, if appropriate, as new technology becomes available. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
August 5, 2015